Friday, August 8, 2008

California Dreamin'


Well summer is winding down and I'm not looking forward to the winter. I'll be heading for warmer climates every chance I get. I plan to attend the Annual Plein Air Invitational in Laguna Beach this October. Having lived in Laguna for over 10 years, I return often to visit friends and fellow artists. I'm an active member of the Laguna Plein Air Painters and look forward to another successful year with them. Two paintings were recently juried into the Best of Plein Air show at the Laguna College of Art & Design in June. Visit the LPAPA website at: www.lpapa.org.

A great place to visit and enjoy a casual lunch is Crystal Cove, an old artists haunt dating back to the 1920's which continues to be a favorite en plein air site. My pal, Heidi was able to reserve one of the vintage cottages for my visit.
Located directly on the beach or overlooking it from a bluff top, each cottage has been painstakingly restored and furnished to recreate Crystal Cove's unique historic beach culture and ambience. First developed as a 1920's movie set due to its seclusion and tropical aura, the community thrived and became beloved for its relaxed, atmosphere and picturesque landscape.

No comments: